Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 by Gwen Hurd
Many people use their attics for storage. Especially in New England, where space is often at a premium, attics are filled with out-of-season clothes, outdoor gear, and stuff slated for a future yard sale or trip to the town dump.
If you use your attic, the idea of taking away all your space with blown in cellulose insulation might be overwhelming and impractical. But if you need insulation to keep energy costs down or prevent ice dams, and fiberglass isn’t working, you may feel frustrated with your lack of options.
SuperAttic can help! The SuperAttic system does several things:
- Provides a continuous layer of insulation
- Foam board insulation is durable and waterproof
- Air sealing prevents air leaks
- The foam board insulation contains a radiant barrier to reflect summer heat out and winter heat back in
- Excellent protection against ice dams
And an added bonus? SuperAttic is really cool looking!
So keep your canoe where it is, you don’t NEED cellulose.